“I believe my long and constant practice of yoga was the stimulus that nurtured my desire to enter this life’s work of caring and sharing.”
John, R.N., R.Y.T., compliments Jane’s wellness plan with an emphasis on the mind-body approach utilizing the CAM therapies Yoga and Meditation. He also specializes in a therapy he refers to as “the Yoga of Body Work” Ortho-Bionomy®. His introduction to Yoga began in 1970 when he was influenced by Yogi Bhajan, founder of Kundalini Yoga, to develop a personal yoga practice. Now Yoga and Ortho-Bionomy® provide the physical therapy components of the Willow Tree. John has taught yoga since January 1997. In 2003 he committed his teaching path to the “Posture of Consciousness” which is known as Amrit Yoga. Amrit Yoga is truly meditation in motion. It is an approach which enables the person to extend the union of body, mind and spirit into the mental, emotional and physical posture of daily life.
Registered Nurse; Nine years of medical, surgical, emergency & home health nursing experience; Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher, Certified Primordial Sound Meditation Instructor; Pressureless Body Realignment Therapy (Ortho-Bionomy®) and Healing Touch Therapist ; Reiki Master; Member American Holistic Nurses Association.
My name is John Close.
I have felt and become aware of a deep need to share with others. This was the force that guided me into the field of nursing. I believe my long and constant practice of yoga was the stimulus that nurtured my desire to enter this life’s work of caring and sharing.
One of my first positions as a nurse was spent working in a nursing home. After a year, I could feel the sadness, when I realized that my beloved patients rarely went home. I moved to a hospital position on Med/Surg and was pleased to see people go home yet after a time they came back due to a return to poor health practices. My two years in the Emergency Room allowed me to care for patients with short-term health needs yet the same pattern was quite evident. The same people returned and were often admitted to the hospital due to poor health practices.
After graduating from Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) and obtaining my RN, I went to work in another hospital on a Medical floor. Here I gained in-depth first hand experience of the devastating effects of the severe medical problems suffered by my patients. It was a sobering but enlightening experience which lasted for two years. At the end of that time I moved on to Home Health Care Case Management. By this time I had faced the cold hard truth. The path to recovery and healing lay in prevention and an individualized personal approach to work towards wellness. For me, acknowledging all aspects of wellness, Body, Mind and Spirit should be addressed through an integrated plan for each client I see, while utilizing my knowledge base of nursing, yoga, meditation and body work plus cooperating with each client’s other care givers. At the Willow Tree I have been able to apply this approach on an ongoing basis for my clients with repeated positive results.
- Pain relief through musculoskeletal realignment and exercise therapy, including Pressureless Body Realignment Therapy with professionally trained practitioners.
- Stress reduction, positive lifestyle, meditation, yoga and relaxation therapies
- Seminars and classes in Magic of Healing, Primordial Sound Meditation and Creating Health, all from the Chopra Center for Wellbeing. Also, Ayurvedic approaches to disease prevention.
- Care by Reiki Master Practitioners and
- Professionally trained Healing Touch Therapists.
Consultation fees, whether in person, by telephone or via e-mail :
- Wellness Through Nutritional Consults available with Jane. All adults, new clients – $75.00 per year payable on your yearly anniversary and on initial visit.
- Mind Body Wellness Consults are available with John. All adults, new clients – $75.00 per 6 Months payable on your bi-yearly anniversary and on initial visit.
- All children, new clients, under 12 years old – $20.00 per year paid on the same schedule as adult new clients.
½ body (upper or lower)……………………………$25.00
¼ body (i.e. neck, 1 shoulder, etc.)………$20.00
TMJ jaw alignment……………………………………$15.00
(Extent of needed treatment to be decided by therapist in conjunction with client.)
John’s Professional Licenses
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Registered Yoga Teacher 500
Amrit Yoga Certified Instructor
Primordial Sound Instructor
Ortho-Bionomy ® Certified Practitioner
Bachelor of Science in Anthropology/Sociology